Pages - Menu

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Ebola Outbreak

I have always thought and still think Donald Trump is a complete douchebag. His views and comments on a lot of things leave me dumbfounded and can, at times, be quite comical! So I was not really surprised when I heard the internet was up in arms over several tweets he had posted concerning the current outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa. Below are some of the tweets in question:






My first reaction was that of anger. I was like really, how silly can this man get? How can he be so hateful and cruel toward his own people? Doctors too who were doing all they can to help and try to treat infected people in West Africa! I absolutely hate to admit this but the more I thought about it, the more I began to agree with him. Ebola is a highly infectious and deadly disease WITH NO KNOWN CURE. 90% of those who get it WILL DIE. And it is speading fast (yes I know I'm not supposed to start a sentence with "and" but I really can't be bothered right now).Those two American doctors were given an experimental treatment which had not yet been tested on humans and which is obviously not yet widely available to everyone.

I began to think about my home country, Zimbabwe. God forbid we get that virus here with our crippled health system, very erratic water supplies and good medication only available to a small percentage of the population. I can only but imagine the complete disaster! I think we should suspend flights to and flights from West Africa with IMMEDIATE effect. We are not equiped to deal with such a dangerous and highly contageous disease. This needs the uttmost attention and the highest levels of authourity in the Ministry of Health need to look into this urgently.

What do you guys think? Am I overracting or do you also see the potential disaster here?

To find out more about this deadly virus, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment