Pages - Menu

Monday, 24 February 2014

Growing up...(1)

So I'm checking out these pictures on The Grain's Facebook page. For those who don't live in Harare, The Grain is a Tapas Bar and Restaurant in Newlands (formally Red Bar). There are all these chicks looking hotter than 1 p.m...in Kariba...in October along with the buff guys hanging on their every word. Kudos to the photographer though because the pictures look great! I see one or two cuties and the cougar in me raises her head to check them out (What?!). However, I realise one thing though while going through these pictures. Ndakura! I'm all grown up! I find myself looking at some of the pictures and thinking "Tjo! Tjo! Tjo! Did her mom let her go out the house looking like THAT?" Don't get me wrong, I think some of them are really fashion forward and look great.

 I know this scene well though, the atmosphere, the loud music (que a Kenrick beat here), the loud conversation, subtly scanning the place for the good looking guys, checking out who looks hotter than you, having silent eye-conversations with your friends, updating your Twitter and Foursquare statuses (Do you say statuses if it's more than one? Coz stati sounds so wrong?? Anyhoo...), ripping all the wack chicks to shreds with your girlfriends, feeling more and more ratchet as the alcohol flows through your veins, dancing like there's no tomorrow. Yes, don't y'all look all shocked. You know exactly what I'm talking about. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this scene as long you don't end up doing something you will regret for the rest of your life.

Anyway, I digress. My point here is I've realised that I am growing up. Clubbing and going out is all very well and good but you know what? I'm kind of over it. I see my friends opening their eyes wide hehehe. I don't mean our occassional crazy girls night out. That is a must a shall be enjoyed until we are 90! I mean the clubbing every weekend, getting home in the wee hours of the morning. Drinking so much you have the MOTHER of all headaches for the next three days. All of that just doesn't interest or excite me anymore. I see pictures and smile and think "let the kids have their fun". For goodness sake I was HOME for new years eve and guess what? I thoroughly enjoyed it. No #fomo whatsoever.

Nowadays I really enjoy going out with friends to really quiet places. Good music playing in the background, stimulating conversations. Good wine and good food (Not Steers at 4 a.m. lol) A nice relaxing weekend away. A day at the spa. A braai at a friends house. Spending the weekend at home catching up on all my series. A trip to the gallery to check out the latest pieces. A good book and a nice bottle of rose (yes a bottle not a glass) This is what makes me happy now and you know what? I'm content. I've been there and done that and am happy with the woman I am growing up to be.

Onto the next chapter of life ;)


"Innocent" night out with my sister from another mother :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment